THIRUVENGADAM, Arun Kumar
JSD, LL.M. (New York University School of Law), LL.M., B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) (National Law School, Bangalore)
|Email Address: email@example.com|
|Office Tel: (65) 6516-3586|
|Office Fax: (65) 6779-0979|
Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore
Eu Tong Sen Building
469G Bukit Timah Road
Comparative Constitutional Law and Theory
Public Law in India
Comparative Regulatory /Administrative Law
Law and Development
Public Law (Singapore) (2006-08)
Singapore Legal System (2006-14)
The Contemporary Indian Legal System (2006-present)
Comparative Constitutional Law (2008-present)
Introduction to Legal Theory (2008-present)
Law and Politics in South Asia (2014-present)
1. 'Swallowing a Bitter PIL?: Reflections on Progressive Strategies for Public Interest Litigation in India' in Mayur Suresh and Siddharth Narrain (eds.), The Shifting Scales of Justice: The Supreme Court in Neoliberal India (Orient Blackswan: 2014), pp. 120-138.
2. 'Social Justice Lawyering and the meaning of Indian Constitutionalism: A case study of the Alternative Law Forum', Wisconsin International Law Journal, Vol. 31, No. 3, Fall 2013, pp. 525-565 (with Arvind Narrain)
3. 'Of Absences, Masks and Exceptions: Cause Lawyering in Singapore', Wisconsin International Law Journal, Vol. 31, No. 3, Fall 2013, pp. 646-671 (with Jothie Rajah)
4. Comparative Constitutionalism in South Asia (Oxford University Press: New Delhi, 2013) (co-edited with Sunil Khilnani and Vikram Raghavan) (individual chapter and co-authored introduction)
5. 'Constitutionalism and Impoverishment: A complex dynamic' in Michel Rosenfeld and Andras Sajo (eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Constitutional Law (Oxford: 2012) (with Gedion Hessebon).
6. Emergency Powers in Asia (Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, 2010) (co-edited with Victor V. Ramraj) (co-authored introduction and individual chapter).